Baking soda, the other name of Sodium bicarbonate, is a chemical element, produced from sodium cation and bicarbonate anion, mainly used to cook various kinds of dishes from being used in foods, it has proven benefits as a medicine and is used in curing various diseases. It can also be used as Bio-pesticide, which is legally registered in North America.
How can baking soda help relieve canker sores? Yes, it does! Baking Soda for Canker Sore is one of the easiest, effective, and cost-effective processes to cure Canker Sores of the core.
DO YOU KNOW?
- The formula of baking soda is NaHCo3.
- The other names of baking soda are – bread soda, cooking soda and bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s a proven fact that toothpaste with baking soda in it is beneficial for whitening of the teeth.
- Sodium bicarbonate is also used as a cattle feed supplement.
SYMPTOMS OF CANKER SORES
Canker sores are spreading like wildfire in today’s hectic and stressed lifestyle. A recent survey suggests that over 1 million people have suffered from canker sores last year. It may look like a simple problem with problems like eating, chewing and swallowing, but it can be very harmful sometimes.
Though it mainly targets the mouth and is not contagious, not infectious,s and not transmissible during sexual contact, it has the ability to slowly make a person immensely ill, especially children and the elderly. That’s why Canker sores need to be cured thoroughly.
CAUSES OF CANKER SORES
There are no particular causes of Canker sores. Even doctors and scientists are still unable to understand the main reason for this disease; they think it depends on many factors. However, baking soda is proved beneficial in healing canker sores(1). Why does baking soda heal canker sores? Check them out.
- It has been observed in almost 40% cases that people who have canker sores in their family history have genetically inherited Canker Sores.
- People who usually live below the poverty line, and lack proper nutrition, suffer from this disease.
- T cell or T lymphocyte cell is another reason, which eventually generates interleukins and tumor necrosis factor alpha.
- The other causes are mast cells and macrophages, which secrets TNF-a, just like t cells.
- Certain diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus and inflammatory bowel diseases are also thought to be the reason for Canker Sores.
- Some acidic fruits, such as orange, tomato, pineapple are also on the list of the causes of Canker Sores.
Cores if unattended, could seem painful. Hence, immediate medical attention is required to get rid of canker sores as soon as possible.
FOODS TO HEAL CANKER SORES PATIENT
Canker Sore patients are usually not capable of eating solid and crunchy food because of the pain in the mouth. They can’t properly eat, chew, or swallow their food. However, there are certain foods which help to recover from Canker Sores and give relief to the mouth. Those are discussed below.
Yogurt contains lactobacillus acidophilus, which helps to reduce the pain. It has helpful bacteria that help fight harmful bacteria. By consuming a minimum of 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt, you can get full recovery from Canker Sores.
2. BAKING SODA FOR SWISH AND RINSE
If you want to get rid of the canker sores then mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and warm water. Now swish the water inside your mouth and rinse it well. It will give you relief from the pain. Baking soda for canker sore is a homemade remedy that often physicians ask you to go for it because of its alkaline properties.
3. SALINE WATER AND BAKING SODA PASTE
You can mix salt and half a cup of water and swish and rinse your mouth, and if possible you can also add a bit of baking soda to it for canker sores treatment. But you will get the best result if you add this saline water in small droplets to the baking soda(2) and make a thick consistency and apply it on the canker sores.
A Canker sore is a problem that requires immediate treatment. Conventional treatments, no doubt, are available but they have lots of side effects. So, the best thing that you can do in this case is going for the alternative natural treatment but you should opt for something that’s within your reach. Baking soda for canker sores is the best alternative treatment that you can opt for to get immediate relief from the problem.
1. DOES BAKING SODA HELP CANKER SORES?
A: The answer is yes! It has been proven that Baking Soda is the best and most natural remedy for Flu. It helps to reduce the shallow and irritating pain of Canker Sores. By creating a paste with baking powder and water and applying it with a piece of cotton, people can recover from Canker Sores in a short span of time.
2. CAN WE CONSUME BAKING SODA EVERY DAY?
A: Not only Baking Soda has proven to be one of the best cures for several diseases, including Canker Sores; but also it has no side effects at all. That’s why it can be consumed every single day without any fear of falling ill.
3. WHAT ARE THE OTHER USES OF BAKING SODA?
A: Baking Soda can change a person’s life completely. Due to its multitasking abilities, it can cure many diseases like acidosis, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, blepharitis, hyperkalemia, tricyclic antidepressant overdose. That’s why people who are suffering from these problems can certainly go for it. It can also be used in nasal surgery. Also, it is an important ingredient in toothpaste and deodorant. It can also help to extinguish an electrical fire.
4. HOW DO YOU MAKE BAKING SODA PASTE FOR CANKER SORES?
Mix baking soda with water and make a paste of it. Now use cotton to apply the paste on your sore; it will not only give you relief from the pain but will also heal the sore quickly.